Friday, May 2, 2014

Visiting DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival

Mid-April, we went on a little trip to visit my family in North Carolina. On the way there, we stayed a night with our friend who lives outside of DC, because I really wanted to check out the Cherry Blossom Festival for the first time. And DC for the first time. 

Now, I should establish something for people who don't already know. I am a crabby, irritable person, with a very limited amount of tolerance for crap. I don't like being touched and jostled, I don't like the heat, I don't like being in a crowd of slow-moving people, and I get hangry. That being said, none of that stuff bothered me because it was so cool!! 

I don't pretend to know what this is, I just like cool architecture.


This building is like a block or two long, and our friend worked in it.

The south face (original front) of the White House. It was too crowded on the walk back to see the other side.

Yay art.

WWII nurse memorial?



It started snowing petals and I delightedly thought I'm a geishaaaa


Lincoln's got that reserved anger look of a grandpa trying to watch TV but keeping an eye on the misbehaving kids



The pagoda statue, that basically states "sorry Japan. We cool?"

Tim desperately wanted to go on paddle boats, but we only had the afternoon to spend in DC and there was a 45 minute wait. Next year!

This is where Project Purity is housed, in the Jefferson memorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment